Tooth Whitening: 35% & 15 % Opalescence | Post-Op InstructionsApril 16, 2021
- Brush and floss teeth.
- Place a small amount of whitening solution into tray.
- Place the tray in your mouth carefully, making sure that it is seated all the way.
- Remove any excess gel from the gum tissue with your finger or dry toothbrush.
- For 35%:
- Keep the tray in your mouth for 30-60 minutes.
- After 30-60 minutes, remove and clean the trays with cold water.
- For 15%:
- Keep the tray in your mouth for 4-6 hours
- After 4-6 hours, remove and clean the trays with cold water.
- Place a small amount of fluoride in trays (Prevident Gel).
- Place trays in mouth for 5 minutes.Do not swallow fluoride, spit out any excess.
- Remove and clean trays.
- Store your whitening trays in their case, away from children and pets.
Some Tips For The Most Successful Results.
- Avoid tobacco, coffee, colas and red wines. They contain heavy staining substances, which can prevent optimal whitening.
- Refrain from citrus fruit, citrus fruit juices, soft drinks and antacids.These may change saliva acids and slow down the whitening process.
- Do not eat or drink while your whitening trays are in.
- Postpone whitening if pregnant or nursing.
What you can expect:
- Areas closest to the gum tissue may take longer to whiten then the rest of the tooth.
- You may experience some mild sensitivity during treatment.If this occurs, discontinue use until sensitivity is completely gone. Then continue as directed.
- Some of our patients have found they like to re-brighten their smiles after 4 to 6 months by wearing their whitening trays for a night or two.This will keep your smile bright and beautiful.
- If gums turn white and are sensitive while whitening, remove the excess gel from the area and replace the trays.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask a member of our dental team!